The US small molecule API market is projected to surge by 1.9% in 2033 due to rising demand for effective pharmaceutical treatments, driven by technological advancements and increased R&D investment, emphasizing quality and innovation.
NEWARK, Del, Nov. 08, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The small molecule API market is expected to reach US$ 116 billion in 2023. The market is predicted to reach US$ 174 billion by 2033. Between 2023 and 2033, the market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.1%.
Small molecule synthesis methods that are environmentally friendly, such as those developed in green chemistry, contribute to the sustainability of the market for small molecules. Research, development, and market access for small molecules are significantly affected by intellectual property rights, patents, and licensing agreements.
Request a Sample copy of this Report: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-4591
Small molecules, many of which are developed by pharmaceutical companies, are constantly being researched and developed by them. The demand for the APIs associated with these new drugs could rise as they enter the market. World population growth is contributing to an increase in healthcare needs. The constant demand for pharmaceuticals to treat a variety of medical conditions has consequently led to a constant supply of small molecule APIs.
Chronic diseases and age-related conditions are becoming more prevalent as the global population ages. The demand for APIs related to small molecule drugs is increasing as these health issues are being managed and treated with small molecule drugs. Developing countries have greater access to healthcare due to growing economies. Due to this, small molecule drugs are in higher demand, making them more affordable.
Regulatory changes and standards can influence the demand for small molecule APIs. Stricter quality and safety requirements can influence the demand for APIs that meet higher quality and safety standards. Drug developers can receive custom API synthesis services from pharmaceutical companies and contract manufacturers. Depending on the innovation level of drug development, such services can be in demand.
A shift in the manufacturing and demand for APIs can be caused by rising environmental regulations and sustainability goals in the pharmaceutical industry. Advancements in chemistry, manufacturing techniques, and automation can impact the production and demand for small molecule APIs.
- By 2033, FMI estimates that standard APIs will account for 79.1% of market revenue.
- A market share of 43.6% is anticipated for In-House production type in the small molecule API market.
- The United Kingdom is anticipated to register a CAGR of 2.7% until 2033.
- The United States is expected to experience a significant increase of 1.9% CAGR in the demand for small molecule APIs by 2033.
- By 2033, the small molecule API market in India is predicted to expand at 6.2% CAGR until 2033.
“Rising demand for various pharmaceutical research and development activities in small molecule APIs is growing demand on the market. Demand for green chemistry and continuous manufacturing for personalized medicine will drive market growth in the near future,” opines Sabyasachi Ghosh Associate Vice President at Future Market Insights (FMI).
Small Molecule API Market Report Scope:
|Estimated Market Size in 2023||US$ 116 billion|
|Projected Market Valuation in 2033||US$ 174 billion|
|Value-based CAGR 2023 to 2033||4.1 %|
|Forecast Period||2023 to 2033|
|Historical Data Available for||2018 to 2022|
|Market Analysis||Value in US$ billion|
|Key Regions Covered||
|Key Market Segments Covered||
|Key Countries Profiled||
|Key Companies Profiled||
Get Ahead of the Competition in the Small Molecule API Market with Our Discounted Intelligence Report: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/checkout/4591
APIs for small molecules are highly competitive markets occupied by several companies. A niche market tailored to a specific demographic is becoming increasingly popular. Innovation and strong partnerships have contributed to the market’s success. APIs for small molecules have been introduced in recent years.
Market Developments Include:
- In October 2023, SK Pharmteco participated in the CPHI 2023 exhibition in Barcelona. SK Pharmateco aims to demonstrate its business competitiveness and explore opportunities as a multimodality contract manufacturing organization (CDM).
- In October 2023, Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc. announced the launch of its Biologics initiative as part of its goal of diversifying and growing in North America. Located at the 2070 Hadwen site in Mississauga, ON, the multiphase initiative aims to establish a facility. As a CDMO, Eurofins Alphora offers API and HPAPI expertise in developing and manufacturing linkers and warheads for antibody-drug conjugates.
Key Companies Profiled:
- Johnson Matthey
- Pfizer Inc.
- Nanjing King-Friend Biochemical Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Sanofi S.A
- Novartis AG
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- GILEAD Sciences Inc.
- Albany Molecular Research Inc.
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- BASF SE
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
Key Segments Profiled in the Small Molecule API Market Industry Survey:
By Molecule Type:
By Therapeutic Area:
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Respiratory Disorders
- Infectious Diseases
- Metabolic Disorders
- General Health
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- South Asia and Pacific
- East Asia
- Middle East and Africa
Explore FMI’s related ongoing Coverage in Healthcare Market Insights Domain:
- General Anesthesia Drugs Market Size: The global general anesthesia drugs market size is estimated at US$ 4,978.1 million in 2023. Projections indicate a steady growth with a steady CAGR of 3.3% anticipated between 2023 and 2033. This trajectory is expected to lead the market to exceed US$ 6,898.4 million by 2033.
- Injectable Drugs Market Share: The global injectable drugs market is expected to reach US$ 531.8 Billion in 2022. Sales in the market will increase at a CAGR of 5.8%, reaching US$ 937.0 Billion by 2032.
- Companion Animal Drugs Market Demand: The global companion animal drugs market is forecasted to expand at 4.4% CAGR to reach a market valuation of US$ 59.2 Billion by the end of 2033, up from US$ 36.7 Billion that was recorded for 2022.
- Orphan Drugs Market Outlook: The global orphan drugs market has set a valuation of US$ 165.4 Billion in 2021, and further, is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.6% to reach US$ 267.6 Billion by the year 2032.
- Vaginitis Treatment Drugs Market Development: The global vaginitis treatment drugs market is likely to be valued at around US$ 3.01 Billion in 2022. Market growth is expected to progress at 5.2% CAGR to reach US$ 4.52 Billion by the end of 2030.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, recipient of the Stevie Award, and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) offers profound insights into the driving factors that are boosting demand in the market. FMI stands as the leading global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, consulting, and events for the Packaging, Food and Beverage, Consumer Technology, Healthcare, Industrial, and Chemicals markets. With a vast team of over 5000 analysts worldwide, FMI provides global, regional, and local expertise on diverse domains and industry trends across more than 110 countries.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: [email protected]
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube